24 November 2006

Why Venusberg?

Well this blog's been in my head for about a year now. Finally, I could put it together after so much time. The simple reason is because I miss my friends. Oh yes, I am stuck up :) I miss all of that silly girl-time with them. Shopping, gossiping, day-dreaming about good-looking men, dancing, bitching and a whole lot of madness!

This, and I hope it lives up to it, is intended to be little present for my friends who were, not very long ago, an inseperable part of my life. We've spent three awesome years together. Those three years make up the most precious of my memories. It was a three-year honeymoon - a journey, which I am glad came my way.

I met a LOT of wonderful people after I graduated but somewhere something was missing. I don't know about them but I would keep looking for a hint of my friends in whoever I met. Like i said, I admit, I was hung up, and how! Slowly and surely I realised that life will never be the same again. That those times will never come back no matter how hard I try. That nobody can freeze time in a fish bowl. It was hard to accept the fact but the realisation came with bittersweet feelings. I was sad but I was free :)

And now, even after so many years have passed: things have changed, life has changed but the only thing that hasn't is US 5 (Don't even ask!). This blog is so can share my life with my friends on a day-to-day regime. Needless to say, even after umpteen number of bygone seasons I still find myself at the same shore, waiting that may be life will be the same sometime!

This is for Priya, Smita and Rukmini... and all the other WONDERFUL women I know! Thanks!
And yes, just in case people are wondering about the long roll of 'men' on the side, I truly believe that our colours as women will not be half as brighter with men around. Good, and even horrible ones. I have met both kinds and they've surely helped me get in touch with the woman in me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, my name on your first post.. I am honoured.

Sruthi K said...

Lost girl at the gates of Venusberg: I want a world without PMS!
Swirling air in response : Entrez...*

So, here I am!

ps:* French usually makes things sexier. Piece of wisdom from an Ismail Merchant movie.

Venusberg said...

#Anonymus - I am assuming it's Ruks or Prisi since Smiths does not exist on the big W. Madam - leave your name at least! Love u:)

Venusberg said...

Bienvenue ! Bienvenue !
Sru: I guess I prefer Welcome! Welcome! better :)
(p.s. Is it even correct??)

He he, anyway...Would LOVE to have you here babes! May be you could change your mind about PMS, or better still, rant here ;)

Charlene Amsden said...

Hey -- great tribute to your friends. i am looking forward to seeing more!

Venusberg said...

Thaks Quilly. I am looking forward to seeing more of you :)

Lakshmi said...

I am honoured to be a part of this Women's Blogging Community...:) Would I sound like a traitor if I say that - I don't see all that much of a difference between men and women on many, many levels. Sometimes I am more guy than girl myself!

Chamki said...

Your blog is sweet.
:)
I'm waiting for more.
chamki

Venusberg said...

Locks: You cay ANYTHING you like here! :D And of course you're not a traitor. The more the debate the better. I just wanted a place like this coz I just SO MISS arguing with my friends. Sounds like it'll be fun!

Miss Chamko: Get ready for making some good artworks for me..Love you:)

truthdude said...

sup?! haven't heard from you in ages. and now yer busy creating a revolution of sorts. how are ya? and my handwriting has deteriorated :( ... not much but still. good to see yer back!

Anonymous said...

Update your blog.. we're all screaming for more. Rukmini.
P.s. The first comment was mine, so I win..

Gaping Void