07 May 2007

It's over...

Today was one of those days that want to make you curl up and die.
It all started in the morning, last night, to be precise.

There is this man, who think my Mobile number is his private property. He will call as late as he desires in the night. In the interval of 2-3 months, for the past 6 months or so. Last night was perhaps when he missed me again and decided to call.

I have done everything I thought could dissuade him: not picking up, picking up and leaving the phone aside, screaming at him, threatening him - everything! Last night I decided I have had enough, of fear and the fact that I can't let anyone invade my private space like that.

I got up in the morning all groggy and irritable. Rubbed as much kohl in my eyes as I could but it didn't help. I looked like a swollen limb.

At 11 I went to the police station. I swear I was scared but I knew I had to do this. They heard me out and told me to go to another police thana that covers cases of the area I stay in. Bah! I felt. All my courage went down the drain.

It was one of rare moments of my life that make me feel like crying and laughing at the same time. I was happy that I could do it. It might sound stupid but I guess I am a simple day-t0-day girl who would want to stay away from the matters of police. I was sad coz I knew I will have to muster allmy courage again. I just wanted to run away from it all.

Another hour and my head was splitting. I decided to head home, or the police station rather. I was sleepy, tired and scared.

So there I was again, thinking if I was doing the right thing. Something in me said yes. Unfortunately the police guys in this place weren't half as co-operative as the previous ones. He saw me and started off in Marathi. It took him 15 mins to relise I am clueless. After he asked me in Hindi, told him about the call. He asked to call on that number and give the phone to him.

As I predicted, he did not take my call. The police guy registered a NC against that number and told me not to worry (hah! I was dying!). I thanked him and moved out.

I don't know why but I was trembling. I had tears in my eyes, I don't know why. All sorts of things were running in my head. What ifthe police comes home? What if he cooks up some story against me? What if this...what if that?

Finally I reached home and tried to sleep.

The worst was yet to come...

I was somehow finishing my office work from home.
I dunno how but I fucked up majorly at work!
I didn't exactly fucked up, some woman who was dealing with me on a quote lied and I thought I was simply out of the question to say things like , "She is lying," at the position I am, that too in front of my CEO. If I am heading the PR, it is my responsibility. So there I was taking it from all sides. I think I came out graceful but I felt like shit.

The blunder was a major one. The story had already gone to print. The damage was done.
I did learn some lessons but it didn't have to turn out so bad.

Finally at around 9ish I slept for a while. When I got up, I was dying of hunger. I ate something and tried to distract myself but I think I was still worried. at 11 I went for a walk and bought myself some pasta salad.

I am worried as I write this. Will he call again? I don't know. All I know was that I did the right thing and I will face what comes my way (at work too :)

I think I'll have my pasta now...I am glad this day is over.

13 comments:

Shiv said...

one of those days... tell me about it :)

Venusberg said...

:) Big Bear HUg.

truthdude said...

resilience, you're good at. and that's a fact!

Venusberg said...

Hmm...I am seriously wondering what's making you say that. A familiar name pops up :)

truthdude said...

uhhh...that fact that i've known you for a while now. and im getting hitched legally on may 21st and formally on december 28th. the former in mumbai, the latter in delhi. reception for the latter in mumbai. and i might do lunch with you when geetu's here. will let u know when exactly :) you'll have to come to vashi though.

Venusberg said...

!!!

Anonymous said...

"You've got me, running in circles like a freak
So why do you try, to kick me when I'm down
I'm down, all the way down"

randomness from me. sent those lyrics to let you know that you're not alone in feeling like that. maybe you should write angsty lyrics for angsty rock songs. cash in on the moment. maybe you could dance/sing/yell/eat it off (what? that works!). maybe i am full of crap. maybe. maybe its maybelline. i am brain-dead. i should just sleep.

Venusberg said...

May be you are right :)

truthdude said...

:) 5 days left and counting

Venusberg said...

God Bless you! :D

Anonymous said...

so dont you have friends (pref male) who can call this guy from other phone numbers and scare the jebeezes out of this guy? I'm a little surprised that you have his number and still havent been able to do anything about it!

All this dude (and other dudes like that) needs is a little gaali galoj at odd times in the night from rough-sounding voices and he'll desist.

I am surprised that you've been acting like a helpless victim - so much for 'educated, empowered women'.

Screw the dude's happiness - spend an hour at the police stn with a few friends, write a mail to the commissioner of police and then follow it up with a mail to Mid-Day if you're in Mumbai or the aaj tak/zee news dudes who have no news to cover anyway. Find out this guys name and address from the phone company. Of course all of this only if you're really pissed. If not, then give in to your female chromosomes and shed tears and tremble everytime your phone rings. How stupid!

Anonymous said...

hey their, give me that guys details, i'll screw him up

Anonymous said...

Its a interesting tale of a strange guy, by the way what that guy do, is he a street guy or what, when did u came in contact with him, how does you know him. Its really heartning that he is invading the privacy of an educated women like you. I'll be really interested to know these facts, can really do something for you on this.


Regards,
Rahul
rahul_mamgain1970@yahoo.co.in

Gaping Void