06 September 2007

I am sorry, Mr Sanghvi...

I did something yesterday that will upset Mr. (Vir) Sanghvi gravely.
I went for dinner with my mom to this place (with lovely food) called Harmony.

What I ended up eating will not go down very well with any self-respecting food writer.
My regular pasta salad was of course the first on the list.
Simce mama wanted to have Indian, we decided to order stuffed kulchas with daal makhanwala.
And since I was eating out after a long(...er-ish) time, I just had to order risotto.

Every thing was fine until we realised that mom wanted to have rice and we were too full to order any more steamed rice. What she simply did was to serve herself some risotto and GENEROUSLY POURED THE DAAL ON IT.

Well, after making close to 153 faces, I decided what the heck!... nobody is watching me (not Mr. Sanghvi particularly!) , and tried some from her plate and viola!! Not bad!

And the rest is history.

Well, on that note, Mr. Sanghvi should dine with my father some day.

3 comments:

Shiv said...

maybe you recommend this recipe to the Zodiac Grill... you never knwo, you might just have a rave review from Mr. Sanghvi :P

truthdude said...

Risotto and daal. Hmmm...maybe I could eat that with a chapati eh? ;)

Venusberg said...

" a rave review from Mr. Sangvi": read his books, you will know better, Shiv. Sigh!

Daal, risotto and chapati. That will make my dad happy! Hahha, hmm, may be ma and me should try this next time, you n.e.v.e.r know.

Why do I feel like writing a book on weird concoctions? Like chhole with coconut. And before you judge, this is actually what we get in the office canteen these days after the s(a)outh Indians have taken over!

Gaping Void